General Data Protection Regulations
We value your privacy as much as we value our own. Any information requested from Matt Winstanley is only in the interest of providing you with the highest quality training and coaching. We will never sell your personal data to anyone, will only collect the information we need and will only keep it for as long as we need to. The information is held securely and you have the right to see this information and the right to have the information deleted at your request.
What personal information we may request to obtain
All information obtained by Matt Winstanley is only to provide us with the necessary information to assist us in delivering the best service to you. Due to the remoteness and risk potential of many parts of the training and courses that Matt Winstanley delivers the information gathered is so that we can best look after you in the extremely unlikely situation of you being taken to hospital and not able to provide this information directly yourself. The information gathered is typical of the outdoor industry and includes:
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Alternative Phone Number
- Email Address
- Emergency Contact Name
- Emergency Contact Phone Number
- Medical Issues
- Medication currently taken
For some courses, we may ask for more information about you but this will be made totally clear on the registration forms. If you believe that at any point we are gathering too much information please let us know.
Matt will not send spam or mass emails. However, we do occasionally have specific opportunities that may be of personal interest to you. We would like to be able to contact you about this if required, but you have the right to ask us not to do so if you would prefer we did not contact you like this
Who is my data shared with?
- Data will only be shared as appropriate exclusively with the staff involved in your specific booking with Matt Winstanley
- We will not share your data with third parties unless required to do so by law
- We will not sell your data to anyone else
How we protect your personal data
Your data is held securely under password protected documents and if paper copies have been obtained in a locked and secure environment
How long is it kept for?
We will keep your personal information for 7 years to comply with our legal requirements for insurance and tax (HMRC) purposes. After 7 years, this personal information will either be deleted (digital) or shredded (paper).
- You have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you
- If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information
- You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes
- If you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so
You have a right to complain about how we process your data. Information can be found about this on the terms and conditions document
This policy has been written with the intention of being clear, understandable and totally transparent. If you do not understand any of this policy please do not hesitate to let us know and we can ensure everything is as clear as possible.