Outdoor First Aid - 16 Hours
Contact Matt for dates of next course.
Outdoor First Aid (16 hours contact time) is delivered over two busy 8 hour days. This course focuses on first aid in an outdoor environment, and meets the requirements of outdoor national governing bodies. It is suitable for outdoor workers or people that enjoy spending time in more remote locations. Within this course there is a big focus on practical based scenarios where learners get as much hands on life like experience as possible, putting into practice essential principles of first aid.
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Dealing with life threatening bleeds
- Primary and Secondary surveys
- CPR (resuscitation) and BLS (Basic Life Support)
- Prioritising treatment
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Recovery position
- Wounds and bleeding
- Fractures/spinal/extremity injuries
- Moving casualties
- Extremes of heat
- Minor injuries, minor burns and scalds
- Monitoring vital signs
- Epipen training
- AED familiarisation
- Regulations - Recording and reporting, first aid kits, giving medication
All courses include an up to date first aid training handbook and upon completion of the course a certificate is awarded and is valid for three years, although a 3 hour annual refresher is recommended to maintain skills.
Open course £110.00 per person
Group booking : £795.00 12 people max