Paediatric First Aid - 12 Hours
Please contact Matt for details.
Paediatric First Aid (12 hours contact time). This course falls in line with OFSTED, EYFS requirements and is designed for nurseries, childminders, schools and any professional child carer.
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Primary and Secondary surveys
- CPR (resuscitation) and BLS (Basic Life Support)
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Recovery position
- Wounds and bleeding
- Eye and ear injuries
- Minor injuries, minor burns and scalds
- Medical conditions more specific to paediatric
- Epipen training
- AED (Automated External Defibrillation) familiarisation
- Regulations - recording and reporting, first aid kits and giving medication
All courses include an up to date first aid training handbook and upon completion of the course a certificate is awarded and is valid for three years, although a 3 hour annual refresher is recommended to maintain skills.
Open Course: £85.00 Per person
Group Booking: £625.00 12 people max