First AId at Work (FAAW) - 18 Hours
Please contact Matt for details.
First Aid at Work (FAAW - 18 hours contact time) is delivered over 3 days. It's for individuals and organisations looking for a higher level of first aid training. It is designed to fulfil necessary statutory requirements for larger employers.
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing an incident
- The primary survey
- Managing the airway
- Disorders of breathing
- CPR (resuscitation) and BLS (Basic Life Support)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Disorders of circulation
- Secondary survey
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Heart conditions
- Recovery position
- Extremity injuries - breaks, sprains and strains.
- Minor injuries, minor burns and scalds
- Epipen training
- Monitoring vital signs
- Cross infection control
- AED (Automated External Defibrillation) familiarisation
- Regulations - recording and reporting, first aid kits and giving medication
All courses include an up to date first aid training handbook and upon completion of the course a certificate is awarded and is valid for three years, although a 3 hour annual refresher is recommended to maintain skills.
Open course: £155.00 per person
Group booking: £925.00 12 people max